Monday, October 6, 2008

Worst Nightmare Came True

Getting in a car accident has always been on the worst nightmares list especially with Lucy. I think it is probably every moms fear.
Well, this afternoon it happened.

I was stopped on 5th South in Bountiful(the worst street during rush hour)and the driver behind me looked down for a second and rear-ended my car. Scary, but this could have played out much much worse.

I can't even describe how gratiful I am that I took the time this morning to say my prayers. Lucy and I and the other driver were not hurt at all. My car surprisingly has small dents and some scratches. Unfortunely, the other drivers car had to be towed and was totalled.

I know that Heavenly Father was watching out for us today. As I was putting Lucy into her carseat before we left the house I was prompted to make sure that her belts were fitting her properly and tight enough. I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't, I am glad I did.

Wow! What an eye opener for me and I am just so glad that we are alright!

8 comments:

Annie said...

That's scary, especially with little Lucy in the car! I'm glad you both are ok:)

Unknown said...

Megan how scary, I am always freaked out about getting in a wreck as well esp. with Ty. My friend got in a car wreck with her 6 week old and had to get a new car seat so I am sure you will to. Glad you are ok!

Mandy said...

Scary! I'm glad the two of you are ok! Hey, we still need to run to the fabric store! :)

Swa said...

I'm glad you guys are ok, thats so scary!

Holly and Rhett said...

Yikes - glad everything is okay. That is so not fun. I am sure all the moms that read this are going to go adjust their baby's car seat straps.

Melissa and Nate said...

Wow...so scary. It really makes you stop and think about what's important. So glad you and Lucy are ok.

jakenapril said...

That is never fun...and I know. It's even worse, I think, when you have kids...but I'm glad everyone's okay.

w and w said...

Wow, I'm glad you were so in tune. Way to be a good mom. I'm glad you're both alright.