Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Very Pleasant Surprise!

On Monday Grady and I were out doing some random errands. We happend to be at Rite Aid and I was thumbing through my coupon book and I looked up to see President Henry B. Eyring! Oh Man I was not expecting to see him in the toothpaste isle of Rite Aid. I guess the 12 need to brush their teeth too. So anyway I probably gave him the most bazar, shocked, and " I can't believe my eyes" look ever. He just smiled at me and grinned and said, "how are you?" And I responded in a weird enthuasiastic way, "good." .....What do you say? My mind was racing! I was a foot away from an Apostle. Never has something like this ever happend to me. How Awesome!





http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-353-11,00.html

So it is interesting that I happend to see President Eyring this week. On Sunday we had an amazing lesson on missionary work and we watched some excerpts from from a talk given by Pres. Eyring. I felt the spirit so strong and came home and looked up the talk because I wanted to read the whole thing. (If you have a chance read the conference talk linked above, it is so good) I have always loved the amazing spirit that I feel when listening to President Eyring's talks. He is so Profound. So a couple days before this..

In Idaho I was in the hotel Lobby eating breakfast and there was a Man and Son sitting at the table next to Lucy and I. Lucy was fascinated with looking at them so they were nice to played along with her. The man and I began talking about Salt Lake because him and his son were headed there to catch their flight back to New Jersey later that afternoon. We started talking about the temple and it significance. I was able to share a portion of my feelings and beliefs of the lds church. After that 30 min. conversation he decided that he was going to stop at the temple and go to the visitors center. I promised him that if he went there especially into the vistors center he would feel joy and happiness. ( You can't walking into the visitors center and not feel the powerful spirit that is there) This was such an exciting thing for me. I can't image the wonderful feelings and experiences you would have on a mission. I can't wait to get old and go on a mission!

I am sad that I didn 't get his address to know if something came from the conversation but if anything I know that my testimony was strengthened and my desire to be a better person was increased.

4 comments:

The Allen Fam said...

That is so cool!! You are so LUCKY!! I think you were in the right place at the right time!! Can I just say that Lucy is getting so BIG and CUTE!!!

Lindsey said...

WOW! That's great! He is such an amazing man!

Larsens said...

I'm surprised you didn't say anything Megs! When I was in high school he picked a pizza up from Dominos and I was the one who rang him up and I didn't even try to say anything because I am too shy. At least he knew you recognized him :p

Amanda said...

Megan.. your amazing! Way to go. On Sunday elder kikuchi of the seventy came to my parents house when we were there and its so amazing how strong the spirit is when these people are around you. i wasn't even talking to him but I could just feel the spirit so strong in our house. i'm sure it was like that just running in to pres. eyring!