Tuesday, February 10, 2009

happenings


This last weekend we went to Heber with my family and did the "Bells and Whistles" train ride. We took a slow 15 min train ride on the Heber Creeper which then dropped us off at this field. We then were taken on a BUmpY sleigh ride. Lucy enjoyed seeing the farm animals and saying MOOO at the cows. But honestly, it didn't match up to what I was anticipating. It was fun though to be with family and to be doing something. (We are pretty boring people on the weekends.)


Grandpa with his hands full of excited little Kiddos.
I sat in the back with Lucy on the way up and she loved the extra attention. She makes me laugh!

The other week we went and visited with Grady's Grandma Cook who just moved into a care center. We call her "Great Cookie," she is the sweetest lady I have ever met. We love her so dearly. I realized being in the care facility with all these great wise "elderly" people that there is such a neat feeling that you feel being around these sweet people. I almost can't wait to go back again. I guess that is why I did Home Healthcare for so long because I love the spirit that the elderly have.
The only bad thing about bringing Lucy is that she is so "on the go" that it was hard to keep her from going into to everyone's rooms to say "hi!" Everybody seemed to enjoy it but you still have to be a little Cautious. She also found a Super fun toy!

2 comments:

Melissa and Nate said...

Looks like fun! Man, that Lucy gets cuter every day.

Unknown said...

Looks a little to cold for me! ha ha I am dying for the weather to warm up so we can go outside! How are you feeling? We need to get together... I miss yOu!