So the last little while I have been thinking about my dad and realizing just how much I really appreciate him and all he has done for me. My dad is the best! He is kind and generous to everyone. He is such a good example and is so Christlike. He has never thought twice about helping me or anyone in whatever situation they are in. Here are some of the atributes I love about my dad:
- Patience: Like the time that I hit the side of the house with the 4-wheeler and you just said, "maybe it is time to put the 4-wheeler away for the day," in a calm and loving tone. Who does that? My dad.There are countless times that I have done some pretty dumb and crazy things and never once has my dad yelled at me. Never!
- Mr. "I can Fix That": Probably one of the reasons that He doesn't get to upset over damaged things is because he knows that he can fix it. He is very much a perfectionist when comes to getting the job done. From mending clothes to fixing a house boat, He does it ALL.
- HairStylist: Along with that handy man mentality he can also French Braid, Curl and even Cut hair. My aunt taught him how to french braid and he would do our hair for school and then curl our hair for church. My mom is going to hate me for this, but he actually did her hair for their weddding. (My mom isn't much of a girly-girl, except when it comes to sale shopping she is all over that!) Love you mom~
- Spontaneous: There are so many times that I would ask my dad if we could go boating or even go on vacation and he would say, "okay, lets go get ready." It drove my mom crazy all the last minute things that our family would randomly do. But we all had fun in the end.
- Too Generous: My dad bought his very first, never been used, car when I was 17 and he probably drove HIS car maybe 30% of the time for a couple years..??! I couldn't drive that old car that my Grandma and Grandpa gave us. A Brown Dodge 600. Anyone know what that is? Yeah I didn't think so. Yikes, I am making myself look bad and spoiled. I was a little I guess. Sorry Dad, thanks.
- A Real Kid At Heart: All the neighborhood kids love my dad. Alot of times my dad works from home and the neighborhood kids come over to see my dad. Seriously, they Knock on the door and ask, "is Darryl home?'' My dad will stop whatever he is working on and take them downstairs to see his fish or go outside and spin them by their feet around and around. I love it!
- A Teenager at Heart: When my dad was 40 he decided to start wakeboarding and he sure will take it to the max sometimes.
- A Teddy Bear Grandpa: Lucy and my nephew,Brigham, love Pa. He is gentle and sweet with them.
- The All Around Best Dad in the World
I am so very blessed to have an awesome dad and come from a great family. Thanks. Hope you had a Great Birthday!


0 comments:
Post a Comment